Latest edition: Challenging the Status QuoTweet
Original tape date: May 4, 2018.
First aired: May 15, 2018.
On this edition of 219West, challenging the system. A victim of sex abuse 40 years ago who's lobbying for a change in the law. And an ex-inmate turned activist who's lobbying for prison reform. Plus, breathing life into Garifuna in the Bronx. The Afro-indigenous culture is the focus of our ongoing series on vanishing languages.
Eric L. Adams Brooklyn Borough President, New York City Government
Prisca Suyapa Arzu Member, Grupo Wafagua
Fabian Bernandez Volunteer, Grupo Wafagua
Luciana Bonilla Founder, Grupo Wafagua
Eloisa Cacho Member, Grupo Wafagua
Leocadia David Member, Grupo Wafagua
Bill Donohue President, Catholic League
Vidal Guzman Community Organizer
Marci Hamilton Professor, Cardozo Law School
Howard Kollins President, Boerum Hill Association
Anastacia Morales Member, Grupo Wafagua
Harold Siering Advocate, Child Victims Act
- Unfair Fares?
- Wednesday, March 27 - 9:30pm
- Thursday, March 28 - 6:30am, 12:30pm
- Saturday, March 30 - 11:00am
- Sunday, March 31 - 5:30pm
- No Lifeline for the Fishing Industry
- Tuesday, March 19 - 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Wednesday, March 20 - 12:00pm
- Saturday, March 23 - 6:30pm
- Sunday, March 24 - 8:00am