This edition: Cabs, Competition and CongestionTweet
Original tape date: April 16, 2018.
First aired: April 17, 2018.
On this episode of 219 West: Why are New York cab drivers committing suicide? Has an increase in competition and decrease in wages pushed them to the brink? Plus: Black slang. It’s migrated from communities of color to mainstream culture and is widely used by people outside the Black experience. Is this cultural appropriation? And our series on vanishing languages asks the question: Is the New York accent in danger of disappearing?
- Cyber Insecurity
- Tuesday, December 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, November 27 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 28 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 2 - 6:30pm