This edition: A Conversation with Shirley Stewart FarmerTweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2011.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with attorney, singer, composer and actress, Shirley Stewart Farmer. They discuss her childhood growing up in Chicago, how she became interested in singing and acting, difficulties she faced on her journey, and what caused her to also choose to practice law and her experiences during her interesting legal career.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Shirley Stewart Farmer Attorney/Singer
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Tuesday, January 22 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Tuesday, January 29 - 5:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Tuesday, February 5 - 5:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Tuesday, February 12 - 5:30am