This edition: Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 1 of 2
Original tape date: June 12, 2018.
First aired: August 14, 2018.
The annual conference sponsored by NAPA's Standing Panel on Social Equity hosted by the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY. Part 1 is featuring Author Bruce Katz and Marc Morial with the introduction to the segment taken from Dean Birdsell's opening remarks. The conference aims to shine a light on promising practices to achieve racial, gender, economic, and other forms of equity in the face of reduced federal budgets.
Participants: Bruce J. Katz, Co-founder, New Localism Advisors; Marc H. Morial, President & CEO National Urban League & NAPA Fellow.
David S. Birdsell Dean, Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Bruce J. Katz Co-founder, New Localism Advisors
Marc H. Morial NAPA Fellow; President & CEO, National Urban League
- Marxe Issues Democracy in Peril: Defending Our Voting Rights
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 28 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 30 - 3:00pm
- The Alt-Right: A New Challenge to Democracy
- Tuesday, November 13 - 8:30pm
- Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 1 of 2
- Tuesday, September 18 - 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 23 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 3:00pm
- The Great Debate: Scaling as a Philanthropic Strategy
- Saturday, September 15 - 9:00am