This edition: Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 2 of 2
Original tape date: June 13, 2018.
First aired: August 21, 2018.
The annual conference sponsored by NAPA's Standing Panel on Social Equity hosted by the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY. In part 2, opening remarks by Blue Wooldridge followed by Deputy Mayor J. Phillip Thompson and Jim Malatras. The conference aims to shine a light on promising practices to achieve racial, gender, economic, and other forms of equity in the face of reduced federal budgets.
Participants: Blue Wooldridge, Professor, College of Humanities and Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University and Chair, NAPA Standing Panel on Social Equity; J. Phillip Thompson, Professor at MIT and Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives for New York City; Jim Malatras, president of the Rockefeller Institute of Government.
Jim Malatras President, Rockefeller Institute of Government
J. Phillip Thompson Professor at MIT; Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives, New York City
Blue Wooldridge Professor, College of Humanities and Sciences; Chair, Virginia Commonwealth University; National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) Standing Panel on Social Equity
- Marxe Issues Public Policy Breakfast
- Tuesday, February 26 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, February 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 2 - 9:00am
- Sunday, March 3 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 5 - 3:00pm
- Marxe Issues - Napa/Mexico & Canada
- Tuesday, March 12 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, March 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 16 - 9:00am
- Sunday, March 17 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 19 - 3:00pm
- No recent shows on the schedule