This edition: Ackerman Lecture: "Defending Democracy and the Right to Vote"
Original tape date: November 5, 2018.
First aired: November 20, 2018.
The 2018 Ackerman Lecture features Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, a nationally known legal expert on voting rights, reversing voter suppression and preventing voter ID disparities. Ms. Nelson was formerly the Dean for Faculty Scholarship and Associate Dean of the Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights and Economic Development at St. John's University School of Law where she also served as a professor. Ms. Nelson will enlighten the audience on the local and national steps LDF is taking to protect and defend voting rights.
Marianne Engelman Lado Visiting Clinical Professor of Law, Yale Law School
Janai Nelson Associate Director-Council, NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund
Robert Smith Chair, Lillie and Nathan Ackerman Lecture Series; Professor, Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Is Education Reform Dead? A Look at What's Next for America's Schools
- Tuesday, December 18 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, December 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 9:00am
- Sunday, December 23 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 25 - 3:00pm