This edition: The Window (La Ventana)
Original tape date: November 21, 2017.
First aired: December 9, 2017.
(85 min., Argentina/Spain | 2008 | Drama | Spanish with English subtitles)Directed by Carlos Sorin.It is a significant day for 80 year old Antonio. After an absence of many years, his estranged son is coming to visit. All must be perfect. There will be a toast with a very special champagne; an embrace; warm words that may finally bridge the gap between them... But before, Antonio must wait. Bedridden, he looks out his window at the Patagonian landscape and sees light and life, the past and the present, while sensing the future. He decides to secretly leave the house, unseen by his faithful caretakers, to take what might be a last walk in his fields, breathing the air, treading the earth, inhaling the scent of the land that had been his life. What could otherwise seem like insignificant memories or moments in one's life, take a special, beautiful meaning and weight inthis poetic, humanistic film.
Discussion guest: Edna Aizenberg, Marymount Manhattan College
Edna Aizenberg Professor Emeritus of Hispanic Studies, Marymount Manhattan Colelge
- The Bigamist (1953)
- Saturday, March 16 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 17 - 9:00pm
- D.O.A. (1950)
- Saturday, March 9 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 10 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 16 - 12:00am
- And Then There Were None (1945)
- Saturday, March 2 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 3 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 9 - 12:00am
- The Kennel Murder Case (1933)
- Saturday, February 23 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, February 24 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 2 - 12:00am
- "The Rules of Game (La règle du jeu)" (1939)
- Sunday, February 17 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, February 23 - 12:00am