This edition: Clandestine Childhood (2012)
Original tape date: November 21, 2017.
First aired: December 23, 2017.
(112 min., Argentina, Spain, Brazil / 2012 / Drama / Spanish with English subtitles)A film by Benjamin Avila.Argentina, 1979. After years of exile, 12-year-old Juan and his family return to Argentina under fake identities. Juan's parents and his uncle Beto are Montoneros guerrillas who are fighting against the Military Junta that rules the country. Because of their political activities they are being tracked down relentlessly, and the threat of capture and even death is constant. However, Juan's daily life is also full of warmth and humor, and he quickly and easily integrates into his new environment. His friends at school and the girl he has a gigantic crush on, Mar?a, know him as Ernesto, a name he must not forget, since his family's survival is at stake. Juan accepts this and follows all of his parents' rules until one day he is told that they need to leave immediately with no explanation. This is a story about militancy, living undercover, and love.
Discussion guest: Beatriz Urraca, Widener University
Beatriz Urraca Widener University
- The Bigamist (1953)
- Saturday, March 16 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 17 - 9:00pm
- D.O.A. (1950)
- Saturday, March 9 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 10 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 16 - 12:00am
- And Then There Were None (1945)
- Saturday, March 2 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, March 3 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 9 - 12:00am
- The Kennel Murder Case (1933)
- Saturday, February 23 - 9:00pm
- Sunday, February 24 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 2 - 12:00am
- "The Rules of Game (La règle du jeu)" (1939)
- Sunday, February 17 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, February 23 - 12:00am