This edition: Regina Resnik: New York OriginalTweet
Original tape date: September 29, 2017.
First aired: October 6, 2017.
The documentary "Regina Resnik: New York Original" traces the remarkable 70-year career of the Bronx-born international opera star, Tony-nominated actress, stage director, filmmaker, and Jewish cultural figure. The program features on-screen interviews with opera stars Martina Arroyo and Teresa Stratas; Broadway legends Harold Prince and Joel Grey; Maestros Richard Bonynge, Zubin Mehta and Craig Rutenberg; and Ms. Resnik’s brother, engineer Jack H. Resnick. Ms. Arroyo introduces the film onscreen. Renowned mezzo-soprano Denyce Graves is the narrator.
Michael Philip Davis, who is Ms. Resnik’s son, wrote and produced the film, and co-directed it with Robert Fredette.
Martina Arroyo Opera Singer
Richard Bonynge Maestro
Denyce Graves Narrator; Mezzo-Soprano
Joel Grey Actor/Photographer
Zubin Mehta Maestro
Harold Prince Producer, Director
Jack H. Resnick Engineer; Regina Resnik’s brother
Regina Resnik Opera Singer
Craig Rutenberg Maestro
Teresa Stratas Opera Singer
- Puerto Rico in Crisis - One Year Later
- Thursday, September 20 - 8:00pm
- Friday, September 21 - 8:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 10:30am
- Sunday, September 23 - 7:05pm
- Regina Resnik: New York Original
- Tuesday, September 11 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 4:00pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 6:00pm