Latest edition: "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNYTweet
Original tape date: October 12, 2018.
First aired: October 23, 2018.
The Columbia University Core Curriculum, developed in 1919, continues to be criticized for promoting Eurocentric societies and western values. A project designed at Hostos Community College brings a version of this curriculum to low-income minority students at Hostos and campuses across CUNY. EdCast examines how these texts speak to these students. Hostos professors and students join Dr. Linda Hirsch for a look at how community college students have responded to these works.
Andrea Fabrizio Professor, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Gregory Marks Professor, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Mayra Saavedra Student, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Elisheva Santiago Student, Hostos Community College/CUNY
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, November 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30pm
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm