This edition: Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early GradesTweet
Original tape date: September 11, 2018.
First aired: September 25, 2018.
Early Reading Matters, a research-based, guided literacy approach to teaching reading focuses on the youngest readers in K-1 to insure they have the foundational skills needed to be successful readers and learners. EdCast visits P.S. 63, the Author’s Academy, in District 9 in the Bronx to see this approach in practice.
Ray Diaz-Lens Principal, P.S. 63
Roseann Gallichio Teacher, P.S. 63
Danielle Gentile Teacher, P.S. 63
Lynette Guastaferro Executive Director, Teaching Matters
Michelle Macchia Literacy Coach, Early Reading Matters
Jessica Schwenk Teacher, P.S. 63
- Part I: The SHSAT: Biased Barrier or Objective Opportunity?
- Tuesday, February 19 - 10:30pm
- Wednesday, February 20 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 23 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 24 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 26 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 3 - 6:30pm
- Education 2019: Looking Back to What Lies Ahead
- Tuesday, January 22 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 23 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30pm