This edition: Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early GradesTweet
Original tape date: September 11, 2018.
First aired: September 25, 2018.
Early Reading Matters, a research-based, guided literacy approach to teaching reading focuses on the youngest readers in K-1 to insure they have the foundational skills needed to be successful readers and learners. EdCast visits P.S. 63, the Author’s Academy, in District 9 in the Bronx to see this approach in practice.
Ray Diaz-Lens Principal, P.S. 63
Roseann Gallichio Teacher, P.S. 63
Danielle Gentile Teacher, P.S. 63
Lynette Guastaferro Executive Director, Teaching Matters
Michelle Macchia Literacy Coach, Early Reading Matters
Jessica Schwenk Teacher, P.S. 63
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm