This edition: Migration
First aired: September 7, 2016.
By Joseph Chamie. As a record number of migrants cross the Mediterranean Sea to find refuge in Europe, the continent is struggling to come up with an adequate response. Although Europe's refugees are largely fleeing conflicts in Syria, Iraq and parts of Africa, their struggle is hardly unique. Today, with the number of displaced people at an all-time high, a number of world powers find themselves facing a difficult question: how can they balance border security with humanitarian concerns? More importantly, what can they do to resolve these crises so as to limit the number of displaced persons?
- The Geopolitics of Oil
- Tuesday, December 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, December 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 3:30pm
- China's Maritime Build-Up
- Tuesday, November 27 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 3:30pm
- International Trade
- Tuesday, November 20 - 10:00am
- Saturday, November 24 - 3:30pm
- The European Union
- Saturday, November 17 - 3:30pm