This edition: Women in Food WorksTweet
Original tape date: June 18, 2018.
First aired: June 22, 2018.
On this edition of Independent Sources, hosted by Garry Pierre-Pierre we talk about the women entrepreneurs who are leading a wave of small businesses creating more ethnic eats. The show will feature the founder of Malai Ice Cream, Pooja Bavishi. She creates ice creams inspired by Indian flavors. We’ll also drop in on Pilotworks an incubator kitchen that’s making it possible for many of these startups to get their products on store shelves.
Pooja Bavishi Founder and CEO, Malai Ice Cream
Ned Klein Director of Culinary Operations, Pilotworks
Claire Stewart Assistant Professor - Hospitality Department, City Tech - New York City College of Technology/CUNY
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 15 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm