This edition: Give Us LibertyTweet
Original tape date: June 7, 2018.
First aired: June 8, 2018.
On this edition of “The New York Times Close Up with Sam Roberts,” a discussion of what independence means in our litigious climate. He talks with Constitutional Attorney Norman Siegel who's been giving readings of it as well as the Declaration of Independence each July 4th for 49 years.
Then Andrew Tisch and Mary Skafidas, compilers of “Journeys: An American Story” describe some of the 72 Americans profiled in their book...and the influence of their families' immigrations here.
Times colleagues discuss the key issues of the week on “The Back Story.” And Sam Roberts concludes with "Coda."
Shane Goldmacher Chief Metro Political Correspondent, The New York Times
Norman Siegel Constitutional Attorney
Mary Skafidas Co-Compiler, "Journeys: An American Story"
Andrew Tisch Co-Compiler, "Journeys: An American Story"
- Trump's Trade Truce Turmoil
- Friday, December 7 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 12:30pm
- How's deBlasio doing?
- Friday, November 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 12:30pm
- Amazon Comes to NY
- Friday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 12:30pm