This edition: "This Land of Ours"Tweet
Original tape date: September 20, 2018.
First aired: September 21, 2018.
On this weekend’s edition of “The New York Times Close Up with Sam Roberts,” we take a look at who we are as a people, as a country with New York Times Nobel Prize Winning Columnist Paul Krugman, who’s literally and figuratively been on the money with his insights.
Then The Times’ “This Land” columnist Dan Barry describes what he’s learned from his ten years of writing it. The best of the best of his extraordinary columns have been brought together in his latest book, appropriately called “This Land: America Lost and Found.”
And additional Times colleagues discuss the week’s lead issues on “The Back Story.” And the program is punctuated with “Coda.”
Dan Barry "This Land" Columnist, The New York Times
Alexander Burns National Political Reporter, The New York Times
Clyde Haberman Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Paul Krugman Distinguished Scholar at the Luxembourg Income Study Center, at the Graduate Center, CUNY; Op-Ed columnist, The New York Times
William Neuman City Hall Bureau Reporter, The New York Times
- Friday, January 11 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 12:30pm
- NYC Comptroller Speaks Out
- Friday, December 14 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 15 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 16 - 12:30pm
- Trump's Trade Truce Turmoil
- Friday, December 7 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 12:30pm
- How's deBlasio doing?
- Friday, November 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 12:30pm
- Amazon Comes to NY
- Saturday, November 17 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 12:30pm