This edition: Midterm Wrap-upTweet
Original tape date: November 8, 2018.
First aired: November 9, 2018.
On this week’s edition of “The New York Times Close Up” with Sam Roberts: The Synagogue slaughter in Pittsburgh; pipe bombs sent to Trump critics; Blacks murdered in a Kentucky supermarket. The increase in violence by extremists on the far right. Why did law enforcement fail to see and fail to act on the rising threat of white nationalism? We talk to the author of a provocative piece in the Times Magazine. Plus: the Midterm elections generated the biggest voter turnout in history. How should we understand what happened and what’s ahead for America? A panel of New York Times writers take a deep dive on the takeaways, the winners and losers and the political fallout from the voting.
And Sam Roberts adds his thoughts for “Coda.”
Shane Goldmacher Chief Political Correspondent, Metro Desk, The New York Times
Clyde Haberman Contributing Writer, The New York Times
Eleanor Randolph Contributing Writer, The New York Times
- Trump's Trade Truce Turmoil
- Friday, December 7 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 8 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 9 - 12:30pm
- How's deBlasio doing?
- Friday, November 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, December 2 - 12:30pm
- Amazon Comes to NY
- Friday, November 16 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 1:30pm
- Sunday, November 18 - 12:30pm