This edition: Greater Harlem Nursing Home
Original tape date: September 29, 1998.
In this edition, Reita Brown talks about the present situation regarding health care for people in the African American community of New York City in need of long-term care.
Furthermore, Reita Brown relates how residents of The Greater Harlem Nursing Home are actively involved with their families and the community while they are being well cared for by the nurses of the home. Payment procedures for the home’s facilities are also discussed. An important episode that adds knowledge and insight to the ever unfortunate task of seeking health care for the elderly.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Reita Fuller Administrator, Greater Harlem Nursing Home
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am