This edition: Rod RodgersTweet
Original tape date: May 10, 2000.
In this edition, Dr. Brown talks with Rod Rodgers who is the creator and Director of the Rod Rodgers Dance Company. Mr. Rodgers carries on the work of his parents, which enables their legacy and contribution to the arts to be an emblem of modern African American culture. Rod Rodgers’ contemporary dances are mixtures of pure entertainment and a prominent desire to help people understand the struggle African Americans have had to endure in this country.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Rod Rodgers Creater/Director, The Rod Rodgers Dance Company
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am