This edition: Herman Edwards, New York Jets Head CoachTweet
Original tape date: March 12, 2003.
First aired in March 2003. Herman "Herm" Edwards was the head coach of the New York Jets football team from 2001-2005. Born in 1954, he was a college football star, graduating from San Diego State University with a degree in criminal justice. He played with the Philadelphia Eagles (1977-86), and briefly for the L.A. Rams and the Atlanta Falcons before his retirement. He pulled off "The Miracle at the Meadowlands" in 1978, grabbing control of the ball from the NY Giants and making a last-minute winning touchdown. He speaks with host Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. about his leadership style and influences.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Herman Edwards Head Coach, New York Jets
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am