This edition: Brown Vs. Board of Education at 50 YearsTweet
Original tape date: May 12, 2004.
In this edition, the panel talks about their individual experiences and how the landmark Supreme Court decision, Brown v. Board of Education, has affected their lives, as well as the lives of thousands.
Jennifer Adams Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate Center/CUNY
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Hazel Dukes President, NYS Conference, NAACP
Basil Paterson Former New York State Secretary of State
Prof. Ted Shaw Associate Director, Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am