This edition: Howie Evans, Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: June 30, 2004.
On this episode of African American Legends, we take a look into the life of Howie Evans, the Sports Editor of the famed Amsterdam News. Host Dr. Roscoe Brown also delves into what the big story is in African American sports, specifically honing in on African American performance enhancing drug use within sports. Also looked at is the federal regulation by the government of these performance enhancing drugs and the impact it has on sports.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am