This edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, New York TimesTweet
Original tape date: December 20, 2004.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown sits down with Chester Higgins, Jr., who is a renown photographer and author. They discuss Mr. Higgins' new book, specifically looking at the presence of spirits within his own life and how he was inspired to write his book, as well as talk about Mr. Higgins' famous pictures and the process that he goes through to create them.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am