This edition: Kenneth Knuckles, Exec. Dir., Upper Manhattan Empowerment ZoneTweet
Original tape date: April 25, 2005.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown profiles the life and achievements of Kenneth Knuckles, who is the Executive Director of Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone. The Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone is an organization that utilizes public funds and tax incentives in order to spur private investment and economic revitalization in deprived communities. Mr. Kenneth Knuckles discusses the many projects that have been initiated by the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, such as the Gate Way Project and the Gotham Plaza Project, the economic and social benefits of these projects on the communities they are initiated in, as well as the large funds needed to start these projects.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Kenneth Knuckles President & CEO, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am