This edition: Elaine Edmonds, executive director, Harlem YMCATweet
Original tape date: August 2, 2005.
Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Elaine Edmonds, Executive Director of the Harlem YMCA on today’s show. The Harlem YMCA has been the center for community life in Harlem for years now and has offered support to struggling African American people since the early 1940s. They discuss how It has also allowed for the legacy and culture of African Americans to live on, as well as bring together and strengthen the Harlem community.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Elaine Edmonds Executive Director, Harlem YMCA
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am