This edition: Berth Lewis, ACORNTweet
Original tape date: December 7, 2005.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down to talk with Berth Lewis who is the Executive Director of ACORN New York. The acronym, ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN is responsible for organizing low and moderate income groups in order to positively reform many issues, such as housing, education and banking. They look at the obstacles in the past and present faced by ACORN, the strength in numbers among low and moderate income groups, the importance of community growth, as well as the funding needed to run this association.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am