This edition: Dean Meminger, former NY Knicks and Vaughn Thomas, President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc., "Thinking Big with the Sports Foundation"Tweet
Original tape date: May 20, 2008.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown speaks with the Sports Foundation Inc, President & CEO, Vaughn Thomas and Former NY Knicks/Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc., Dean Meminger.
For over 39 years, the Sports Foundation has drawn in young people to their programs that provide social skills, tutoring and drug prevention counseling by using sports as a magnet.
Tune in to find out what the Foundation is currently offering for the youth and what they are also providing to seniors to help improve their life.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dean Meminger Former NY Knicks & Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc.
Vaughn Thomas President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc.
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am