This edition: Hazel Dukes, Pres., NAACP, New York State Conference: "Still on the Rise"Tweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Hazel Dukes, the President of the New York State NAACP. The NAACP is an organization that focuses on bettering the lives of African Americans, specifically focusing on the issues of education, economic opportunity, health reform, and civil engagement. Mrs. Dukes discusses the great strides the NAACP and African Americans have made in the past 100 years, especially looking at the influential civil rights leaders and the increase in African American rights.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Hazel Dukes President, NYS Conference, NAACP
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am