This edition: Herb Boyd, columnist, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: February 18, 2009.
On today’s episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C Brown Jr. sits down with Herb Boyd, who is a columnist at New York Amsterdam News. The New York Amsterdam News is one of the oldest African- American newspapers in the United States. They discuss the importance of Barrack Obama being elected to be President of the United States of America for the African American community and the road to President Obama’s success. Also discussed is the dwindling African American newspapers within America, and the success New York Amsterdam News has had throughout its prestigious history.
Herb Boyd Author/Journalist
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am