This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: March 10, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Howie Evans who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. New York Amsterdam News is an American weekly newspaper geared towards the African-American community of New York City. They look deeply at the way society, specifically the media, looks at professional and even college African American athletes and the impact it has on the African American culture. Also analyzed is the social implications of race and ethnicity within the judicial system.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am