This edition: Kenneth Knuckles, CEO, Upper Manhattan Empowerment ZoneTweet
Original tape date: March 31, 2009.
On this episode of Afrian American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Kenneth Knuckles, the CEO of Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone. The Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone’s main concept is to take public money and catalyze private investment in order to directly benefit economically deprived communities. They discuss the many loans grants and tax credits given to business and groups in order to help communities around the city. These investments hope to provide jobs and promote economic revitalization.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Kenneth Knuckles President & CEO, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am