This edition: Ted Shaw, Professor of Law, Columbia University, on "Equality, Liberty and Justice"Tweet
Original tape date: June 9, 2009.
On tonight’s episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Ted Shaw who is a Professor at Law at Columbia University. They look at the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court and the impact she will have on the Court, and also the country. They also look at racial and ethnic biases within our country today.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Associate Director, Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am