This edition: Dorothy Worrell, Harlem Dowling West Side Center for Children and Family Services, "Saving Our Children"Tweet
Original tape date: September 18, 2009.
Over the years, the Harlem Dowling West Side Center for Children & Family Services has reunited many children with their birth parents, help place orphans in over 70 homes and assist families in distress.
This week, Dr. Brown speaks with Dorothy Worrell to discuss the history of this center and their plans to continue changing lives in the future of many.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dorothy Worrell Executive Director, Harlem Dowling West Side Center for Children & Family Services
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am