This edition: Elinor Tatum, Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News, "Who is Telling Your Story?"Tweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2009.
On December 4, 1909, the first issue of the The Amsterdam News went out and 100 years later, it is now considered to be one of "New York's largest and most influential Black-owned and operated business institutions". Join Dr. Brown as he discusses the history and future of the New York Amsterdam News with its Publisher, Elinor Tatum.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Elinor Tatum Publisher & Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am