This edition: C. Virginia Fields, Pres./CEO, National Black Leadership Commission on AIDSTweet
Original tape date: November 9, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with C. Virginia Fields who is the President and CEO of the National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS. They discuss the influential leaders responsible for beginning the National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, the efforts being taken in order to educate, mobilize and empower local leaders to fight challenges due to AIDS within the African American culture, and the social implications AIDS has had within the past and present.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
C. Virginia Fields President & CEO, National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am