This edition: Patricia Cruz, Executive Director, Harlem StageTweet
Original tape date: December 15, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Patricia Cruz who is Executive Director of Harlem Stage. Harlem Stage focuses on supporting, presenting and producing artists of color in order to further the Arts. They also look to bring the Arts to lower-income communities in order to enrich African American culture. Mrs. Cruz discusses how Harlem Stage has evolved through the years, the various hotspots targeted by Harlem Stage, and also the emphasis on multiple disciplines within the Arts.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Patricia Cruz Executive Director, Harlem Stage
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am