This edition: Walter Dean Myers, author, "Lockdown"Tweet
Original tape date: January 25, 2010.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by author, Walter Dean Myers.
Walter Dean Myers has written over 90 books, placing him on the NY Times best seller's list and winning him numerous awards. Raised in Harlem, Myers uses his life experiences to give a voice to his works. Tune in to hear more about this author and his latest work, "Lockdown".
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Walter Dean Myers Author
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am