This edition: Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong FoundationTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2010.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by the Executive Director of the Stay Strong Foundation, Jennifer Jones and author and CEO of the Terrie Williams Agency, Terrie M. Williams.
The Stay Strong Foundation is focused on motivating a "change toward social acceptance about depression" and decreasing the "negative attitudes and stigma that surround it". The ad features empowering testimonies from all walks of life.
Dr. Brown also discusses with Terrie Williams her latest work, "Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting".
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Jennifer Jones The Stay Strong Foundation
Terrie Williams President , Terrie Williams Agency
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am