This edition: Passing the Torch, Howard Dodson, Director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black CultureTweet
Original tape date: March 21, 2011.
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture has collected, preserved and provided access to materials documenting black life for over 80 years. For 43 of those years, Howard Dodson has devoted himself as the Director of the Schomburg Center and is preparing to pass his torch to Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammed before the end of this year.
Join us on African American Legends as Dr. Brown sits down with Howard Dodson to reflect his accomplishments as Director of the Schomburg Center and where he would like to see it go as he steps down from his chair.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howard Dodson Chief, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am