This edition: David R. Jones, CEO, Community Service Society, The Fight to Stop PovertyTweet
Original tape date: September 22, 2011.
First aired: October 10, 2011.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with David R. Jones, President & CEO of the Community Service Society, to discuss improving our communities. They discuss the rising poverty level and the effect this is having on New York’s communities, as well as the reasons for this surge in poverty including the unemployment rate and the growing need for more and more education in order to obtain even an entry level position.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am