This edition: Dr. Khalil Muhammad, director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black CultureTweet
Original tape date: February 2, 2012.
First aired: February 6, 2012.
In this edition of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with Dr. Khalil Muhammed, Director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, as they discuss how he became the Director of the Schomburg Center, the leading center for the research of Black culture. They also talk about the future of the Center and it’s growing involvement in the community with the goal of promoting interest and educational benefits to the youth in regards to Black History.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad Director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am