This edition: Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"Tweet
Original tape date: March 12, 2012.
First aired: April 2, 2012.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with Yvette L. Campbell, President & CEO of The Harlem School of the Arts, to discuss how the school enriches the lives of many through world-class training in the arts. They also talk about the school’s history, as well as the specific programs that are offered at the school and what each of them offers the students.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Yvette Campbell Executive Director, Harlem School of the Arts
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am