This edition: Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
Original tape date: September 27, 2012.
First aired: October 22, 2012.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown talks with Joetta Clark Diggs, a four time Olympian, USA Track & Field Hall of Fame Member, author and motivational speaker. They discuss her feelings on being an Olympian and a role model, her organization Sports and Beyond, as well as the training, discipline and motivation she needed to become an Olympian four times.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joetta Clark Diggs Olympian & President, Joetta Sports & Beyond
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am