This edition: One Hundred Black Men... Celebrating 50 Years!Tweet
Original tape date: January 25, 2013.
First aired: February 4, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Fitzgerald Miller, President of One Hundred Black Men.
One Hundred Black Men began in New York in 1963. Tune in to find out what this organization is about, their Eagle Academy and what they are doing and have done that will forever change the face of black social, economic and political empowerment.
On February 21, 2013, One Hundred Black Men, Inc. will be hosting their 50th Anniversary Benefit Gala.
For more information, please visit their website, www.ohbm.org or call 212-777-7070.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Fitzgerald Miller President, One Hundred Black Men
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am