This edition: Ted Shaw, Prof. of Law, Columbia University, "Voters Rights"Tweet
Original tape date: February 7, 2013.
First aired: February 25, 2013.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Columbia University Law Professor, Ted Shaw, to talk about the current voting rights case that is being reviewed by the Supreme Court that could change the requirements needed to be satisfied in order to vote. Professor Shaw discusses the Constitutional ramifications this decision could have, the possible outcome of the case as well as the effect this decision will have on everyday citizens.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Professor of Law, Columbia University
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am