This edition: Chester Higgins, Jr., photographer, "Capturing the Spirit"Tweet
Original tape date: March 15, 2013.
First aired: April 1, 2013.
In this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Photographer, Chester Higgins Jr. Mr. Higgins shares that one of the secrets in capturing a great picture is connecting the spirit to the eye and heart. Tune in to hear what inspired Chester Higgins Jr. to write his new book, "Echo of the Spirit" and where he ventured last to capture priceless and breathtaking photos. To see more of Chester Higgins Jr's work, please visit, www.chesterhiggins.com
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Chester Higgins, Jr. Photographer/Author, The New York Times
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am