This edition: The Politics of Getting Around NYTweet
Original tape date: September 30, 2015.
First aired: October 5, 2015.
Bob Liff and a panel of experts debate the politics behind Mayor de Blasio's recent challenge to Governor Cuomo over MTA funding. The panel also takes up fights over congestion pricing in New York, plans to improve the region's commuter rails, and fix the State's roads and bridges. The panel also considers the rise of Uber and e-Hail technologies, which threaten the powerful taxi industry in New York City.
Panel: Sam Schwartz (a/k/a "Gridlock Sam"), Founder, Sam Schwartz Consulting. Nicole Gelinas, Fellow at the Manhattan Institute & Contributing Editor, City Journal. Robert Sinclair, Media Relations Manager, AAA New York. Nicholas Bloom, Professor and Chairperson, New York Institute of Technology. Taped Sept. 30, 2015.
Nicholas Dagen Bloom, Ph.D. Professor and Chairperson, New York Institute of Technology
Nicole Gelinas Searle Freedom Trust Fellow, The Manhattan Institute
Samuel Schwartz Engineer, Sam Schwartz Consulting, LLC
Robert O. Sinclair, Jr. Manager of Media Relations, AAA Northeast
- Now Playing Centerfield? Party Politics in Bitter Times
- Tuesday, June 18 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, June 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, June 22 - 9:00am
- Sunday, June 23 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, June 25 - 3:00pm
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, July 2 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, July 4 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, July 6 - 9:00am
- Sunday, July 7 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, July 9 - 3:00pm
- Legalizing Marijuana in New York: People, Policy, and Politics
- Tuesday, July 9 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, July 11 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, July 13 - 9:00am
- Sunday, July 14 - 4:00pm
- New Political Parties and Landscapes in NY
- Tuesday, May 21 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 9:00am
- Sunday, May 26 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, May 28 - 3:00pm