This edition: Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early GradesTweet
Original tape date: September 11, 2018.
First aired: September 25, 2018.
Early Reading Matters, a research-based, guided literacy approach to teaching reading focuses on the youngest readers in K-1 to insure they have the foundational skills needed to be successful readers and learners. EdCast visits P.S. 63, the Author’s Academy, in District 9 in the Bronx to see this approach in practice.
Ray Diaz-Lens Principal, P.S. 63
Roseann Gallichio Teacher, P.S. 63
Danielle Gentile Teacher, P.S. 63
Lynette Guastaferro Executive Director, Teaching Matters
Michelle Macchia Literacy Coach, Early Reading Matters
Jessica Schwenk Teacher, P.S. 63
- On the End of Privacy: A Screen-Centric World
- Tuesday, April 16 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, April 17 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 20 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 21 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 23 - 9:30pm
- Part III: What's So Special about a Specialized High School?
- Tuesday, April 2 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, April 3 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 6 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 7 - 6:30pm
- Part II: Diversifying New York City's Specialized High Schools
- Tuesday, March 26 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 30 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 31 - 6:30pm
- Part I: The SHSAT: Biased Barrier or Objective Opportunity?
- Sunday, March 24 - 6:30pm