Latest edition: August 2018Tweet
Original tape date: August 1, 2018.
First aired: August 1, 2018.
This month on Science & U!:
Andrew Falzon visits the Smithsonian Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design to see an exhibit showing off new designs and technologies that are helping people overcome disability.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson sits down with former human rights lawyer, Miranda Massie, to talk about her new venture, a museum about climate change.
Tinabeth Piña meets an educator who is using 3D printers to make life-changing impacts for children in need.
Mike Gilliam discusses the use of recreational drugs as a modern form of medicine to treat a variety of conditions.
Ari Goldberg finds a group of CUNY scientists who have just made a major discovery in nanotechnology.
For More Information:
Access + Ability - www.cooperhewitt.org
Climate Museum - climatemuseum.org
The Hand Challenge - www.handchallenge.com
Nanoscience - nanoscience.asrc.cuny.edu
Last Month in Science
Victor Calise Alum, Commissioner, Queens College, Mayor's Office For People with Disabilities
Dr. Chris Craft Founder, The Hand Challenge
Joshua Lee, MD NYU Langone
Miranda Massie Founder and Director, The Climate Museum
Cara McCarty Curatorial Director, Cooper Hewitt
Dr. Elisa Riedo Professor of Physics, Advanced Science Research Center, Graduate Center/CUNY
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm