This edition: A Second Look: A Science & U! EncoreTweet
Original tape date: November 15, 2011.
First aired: November 15, 2011.
Important stories worth a second look:
•Donna Hanover takes us inside the OR for cutting edge robotic surgery.
•Carol Anne Riddell explores the role women and girls play in the future of science.
•Grant Greenberg explains why a hurricane would be so damaging to NYC.
•Mike Gilliam shows us how solar panels work as both science and art.
Dr. Jill Bargonetti Professor of Biological Sciences, Hunter College
Angelena Cannon Student, Girls Prep Lower East Side
Dr. Nicholas Coch Professor of Earth & Environmental Science, Queens College, CUNY
Samuel Cochran Co-Founder/C.E.O., S.M.I.T. Inc.
Gary Conte Warning Coordination Meteorolgist, National Weather Service (NOAA)
Julie Des Jardin Professor of Modern American History, Gender & American Women, Baruch College, CUNY
Sarah Hall Solar Stained Glass
Prof. Michio Kaku Theoretical Physics Professor, The City College/CUNY
Marko Mandil Robotics Surgery Patient
MD Nirau Petal Cardiologist, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm