This edition: Better Living, Better EarthTweet
Original tape date: November 16, 2011.
First aired: November 16, 2011.
• Marlene Peralta reports on the most unlikely place for a wildlife refuge right here in New York.
• Carol Anne Riddell cruises the Hudson River to find out just how clean the water is.
• Grant Greenberg tells us why scientists say batteries may be our future.
For More Information:
Hudson River: www.riverkeeper.org/water-quality/hudson/
Dr. Ben Dubin-Thaler Founder and Chief Scientist, Cell Motion BioBus
Ivan Garcia Manager, West Marine Store
John Lipscomb Patrol Boat Captain
Greg O'Mullan Assistant Professor, School of Earth and Environmental Science, Queens College/CUNY
Ray Ortiz Pumpout Boat Operator
Dr. Martin P. Schreibman FISH FARMING
Zhennya Slootskin V.P. and Treasurer, GoingCoastal.org
Jose Valez Recreational Boater
Jennifer Wolff Park Ranger, Gateway National Recreation Area
Chester Zarnoch Professor of Environmental Studies and Biology, Baruch College/CUNY
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm